Bad breath may cause anxiety, lower your self-esteem and disturb your everyday life. It may even affect your relationships with others.
Here are some tips to help keep your breath fresh:
- Practice oral hygiene. Brush teeth on a regular basis floss.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue. This will remove the layers of bacteria that cause stinky breath.
- Eat a good diet with high fiber food. Avoid processed foods.
- Drink lots of water. Water is perhaps the easiest remedy for bad breath. It keeps your mouth moist and it rinses debris from your teeth, preventing a buildup of bad bacteria. Drinking water also stimulates saliva production, and saliva is our mouth's first line of defense when fending off bacteria.
- Use alcohol free or low alcohol mouthwash. Aside from burning sensations, the alcohol in mouthwash also destroys almost all the bacteria in your mouth – both the bad and good bacteria. Alcohol-free mouthwash create a favorable balance to avoid further complications or bad breath.
- Don’t smoke.Smoking cigarettes causes bad breath in a number of different ways. First, the smell of the cigarette smoke itself can linger on your breath. Smoking also dries out your mouth, one of the most common reasons for halitosis.
- Avoid odorous foods such as onions and garlic. Garlic and onion can continue to cause bad breath for hours after eating.
- See your dental professional on a regular basis for cleaning.
- Keep a dental travel kit with toothbrush, floss, mouthwash, toothpaste.
Don’t be a victim of bad breath. Go Mouthwash by Exershield tucks discreetly into many small spots so you can freshener your breath up anywhere. This liquid travel mouthwash is also available on Amazon.